Perform common actions like run a search or check a checkbox when the enter key is pressed, instead of form submission. The example below shows how to do this with help from jQuery in the Visualforce page.
Things to notice:
- event.keyCode == 13 is the key code for the Enter button.
- CSS classes are used to attach the keypress event handling, but you could also specify element types, names, or any other valid selector logic.
- searchFilter CSS class could be used on text, drop down/picklists, checkboxes, etc.
- .trigger(‘click’) is used below. It is similar to .click(), and they are interchangeable for this example. The difference that I’m aware of is .trigger(‘click’) can accept additional parameters.
- Probably only one or two of the methods below would be used in a real project. Multiple options are documented to illustrate different options.