An IT Leader experienced in building accounting, finance, manufacturing, and procurement systems. I’m energized by challenge, growth, and building systems that allow my teams and customers to have a greater impact.
Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II
Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
Salesforce Certified Force.com Developer
Salesforce Certified Administrator
Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator
|IBM / Cleversafe Chicago, Illinois
9/15 – Current
Serve as a Salesforce.com subject matter expert. Lead the Sales, Marketing and Support teams through enhancing and integrating Salesforce.com into processes.
- Enhanced environment stability by standardizing naming, refactoring workflows and Apex logic, simplying sharing and removing unused appExchange packages.
- Built out Customer Portal for software and document downloads.
- Developed stylized Web-to-Lead forms to track Partner lead submissions.
- Built out Support Case automation to standardize processes, notify the team of escalations, and eliminate manual activity.
- Implemented practices for security reviews and data backup.
- Designed data structures to augment software release, customer site, and solution information.
- Integrated Salesforce with an IBM legacy support system. The new bi-directional flow of information allowed support agents to work in Salesforce where they could leverage custom workflows, reporting, and support metrics.
|GE Capital Chicago, Illinois
Lead Developer – Salesforce.com
4/13 – 9/15
Support Marketing and Sales Enablement function by building applications on Salesforce.com, analyzing business processes, and improving team processes.
- Protected customer SPII data by building a Salesforce web service to pass data tokens between Salesforce and an internal application surfaced in an iframe.
- Developed GE Capital’s Contact Us form to dynamically show new questions based on user input.
- Improved the ability to find Accounts and Contacts by creating custom Visualforce pages that filtered only those records that were relevant to the user based on custom Classification and Team objects.
- Increased performance, maintainability, and test code coverage by refactoring and consolidating Account and Contact triggers.
- Eliminated security vulnerabilities by advocating the use of Checkmarx code scanning software. Lead the development team to correct escaping and encoding statements on over 65 Apex classes and Visualforce pages.
- Developed coding, test, and style best practice guides to improve consistency across the development team.
- Coached developer team members to help develop their skills.
12/12 – 9/15
Contract Force.com development with APEX and Visualforce.
- Built various Visualforce applications and Apex Triggers for clients.
- Created a “Round Robin” lead distribution engine AppExchange product.
- Developed Excel VBA macros that formatted data to be uploaded into Salesforce.com.
|Oil-Dri Corporation Chicago, Illinois
5/06 – 4/13
Participate on cross-functional teams in various roles including programmer, technical expert, and project lead. Design, develop, and maintain software applications using LANSA, RPG, and CL on an AS/400. Provide administration, development, and implementation support for a Salesforce.com org.
- Revived a struggling Salesforce.com implementation. Led meetings to discover where the implementation team needed to focus their efforts. Identified a series of goals to accomplish in order for the Salesforce.com CRM to be successful. Customized the interfaces, so they were easier to understand. Developed integration processes with Informatica Cloud to synchronize data between Salesforce.com and an AS/400. Ran training sessions to help sales teams understand how to leverage the Salesforce.com Sales Cloud features.
- Increased purchasing efficiency of raw materials by developing a system for procurement using Visual LANSA, replacing a manual process that relied on storing data in Excel spreadsheets and creating purchase orders in Word. A software module was designed and integrated into the existing ERP. Specifications for items, prices, inventory, and supplier information was moved into databases. The system created purchase order and order release forms automatically. Item receipt became more accurate. Supplier activity and spend are now easily reported.
- Simplified trading partner setup and troubleshooting for EDI 850 and 875 purchase orders. Replaced legacy RPG programs with a new LANSA programs. The LANSA programs used a configuration file to eliminate hardcoded logic that was specific to a partner or document type. Multi-format files defined within the RPG program were replaced with normalized database files, and data maps in the GENTRAN Server for the iSeries software were redesigned to accommodate the new files.
- Increased the visibility of costs incurred during manufacturing processes by developing a cost accounting module that integrated into the existing ERP. Accounting controllers at the manufacturing plants were able to group item costs by process and category. New forecasting functionality allowed the controllers to gauge expected costs and view “what if” scenarios. Downloadable Excel reports were developed, so further analysis could be conducted outside of the AS/400 system.
|Maurice Sporting Goods Northbrook, Illinois
11/99 – 4/06
Design and develop applications on an AS/400 using RPG and CL, and create ASP.Net applications with Visual Basic.Net. Collaborate with business units on development projects. Develop data integrations between Microsoft SQL Server and the AS/400.
- Reduced paper consumption by developing a report archival system on the AS/400. Created custom commands that converted reports into HTML and PDF documents. Documents were saved to the IFS, and databases recorded information about the reports. The AS/400’s Apache HTTP server delivered the documents, and a CGI program managed user access to groups of reports.
- Automated the creation of price lists, order confirmations, and invoices by leveraging the open source Apache POI project. The POI Java classes were migrated to the AS/400. RPG IV programs created the forms as Excel spreadsheets directly on the AS/400.
- Increased efficiency of bulk updates to item information by developing an ASP.Net application for the procurement department. Spreadsheets containing modifications to item information were uploaded to a web server. The application displayed current item information alongside the uploaded modifications. Changes were applied to the main item database after being approved.
- Improved accuracy of item information from suppliers by developing a spreadsheet that validated data and processes to integrate the data into the main item database. VBA macros in the Excel spreadsheet flagged missing or poorly formatted information for the supplier. Spreadsheets returned to the buyers were uploaded to an AS/400 database using a VB.Net program. The data was then processed into the item database by leveraging new and existing item maintenance programs written in CL, RPG III, and RPG IV.
- Automated data transfers from an AS/400 to a Windows 2000 server. Developed RPG IV programs that created ASCII files in the IFS using C APIs. Remote commands then executed a Windows 2000 server process that read the ASCII files and inserted the data into an MS SQL database.
- Received the Core Values Champion award in August 2004. The award is presented quarterly to a staff member who shows outstanding service, commitment, and performance for the company.
|Insure One Bedford Park, Illinois
8/98 – 8/99
Maintain legacy RPG applications and databases on an AS/400. Perform urgent nighttime troubleshooting during an on-call rotation.
- Examined and modified RPG and CL programs for the Y2K database conversion.
- Corrected and documented a procedure to populate claims information in an SQL Server database.
Programmer/Analyst (CIS) Associate Degree, 1998
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Previously held certifications include MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
- 70-305 Developing and Implementing Web Applications with VB.Net
- 70-229 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database Design and Implementation
- Letter from Joe Peters, Information Technology Manager at Maurice Sporting Goods